INJURY AND ILLNESS PREVENTION PROGRAM
In California, every employer is required by law to provide a safe and healthful workplace for his/her employees. To help you get started, we have a downloadable guide to building an Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) that is designed to help you establish the following requirements for a safe workplace:
- Management commitment/assignment of responsibilities
- Safety communications system with employees
- System for assuring employee compliance with safe work practices
- Scheduled inspections/evaluation system
- Accident investigation
- Procedures for correcting unsafe/unhealthy conditions
- Safety and health training and instruction
- Recordkeeping and documentation
Download State Fundís Guide to Building an Injury and Illness Prevention Program. (10.6 MB, PDF). The Hazard Checklists are available to individually download at the following link.
Please note that the IIPP is a tool designed for general guidance only. We do not make any warranty, express or implied, that your workplace is safe or healthful or that it complies with all laws, regulations, or standards. Nor do we capture or report any information to Cal/OSHA.
Copyright © 2000-2013 State Compensation Insurance Fund